Employee Appreciation Day is a day which is celebrated on first Friday in March. On this day they thank their employees for the hard work done for the whole year. It is a non-official holiday. It is a time to make a good bond between the boss and their employees. Business, private firm and Organization celebrate the day for recognizing the achievements, Employees are one of the company’s largest assets. An employer can express his gratitude in various ways in the oral conversation of the employee’s efforts and contribution from the contribution of the company to the awards. Employee’s appreciation increases the employee’s satisfaction.
This holiday may be a little bit confusing. Because some people say that it is started in the mid of 1990. Employee appreciation day was created by Bob Nelson- a founding member of the Professional International Board, as well as his publishing company, Workman publishing. The purpose of Employee appreciation day is also to strengthen the relationship between the employer and the employee.
Employee Appreciation Day
Great Way to appreciate the Employee Work.
- Be Flexible – Flexibility determines a long way in this virtual reality world. If possible with your industry, allowing little flexibility can be of huge benefit when you need the last minute work.
- A Thank You Note – When a work has been done well, send a heartful thank you note at the end of the day.
- Team Effort Celebration- If the teamwork gives a good result and does so good work. Then give the award, organize the party, even the whole team go for outing and spend some good time with the teammates.
- Get caught – Make sure the employee listens to someone else that you thought they did a great job.
- Build a culture of incentives – Employees who give great efforts and give good ideas for the company growth then appreciate their accomplishments and encourage others to pursue their goals.
While this holiday is not a public holiday, so government offices, banks, business will open on this day. There can be a different way to celebrate the holiday. They host the party in offices, go for a team outing, take pictures and post on social sites.